First of all, I just had to use another cat pic. I love them even though I don’t own one at the moment. I had one a few years back but she decided it was adventurous to go play outside. I looked for her everywhere. I figured she would get hungry and come back. Three long days later, on a very rainy night, I found her stiff, lifeless body in the back yard. It breaks my heart to this day.
Away from that, this list is not exhaustive. I might be indifferent to one thing today but tomorrow it will irk my guts. Also, the degree of annoyance may vary hence me not remembering all of them at a go. Pluuuuus, if I wait to have a complete list, I will wait forever. Here are some random ones that come to my head now:
- The smell of cold white tea.
- Noisy eaters.
- Dripping ice cream on a cone.
- People who spit anywhere. We have a LOT of these people in my country. That and unfortunately spotting the spit on the pavement as you walk. Eww.
- The smell of freshly sprayed perfume on someone in the evening.
- Hand or fingerprints on a mirror. Especially on a car rear view mirror when I’m about to drive because by the time I realize it, I don’t have time to wipe it off.
- The sight of nail clippings being anywhere but the bin.
- Disclaimer – this is for African ladies. Those who insist on using the wrong shade of foundation. Like, we can clearly see you are not a “yellow bone”. Accept and love your colour. #melaninonfleekthings
- Littered floor. I will not be bothered by a dusty floor but litter, no.
- Someone handing you a glass or cup and are touching the top part where my mouth will soon be.
- Being asked why I don’t eat enough since I’m slender.
- People who walk slowly in front of you. Even more annoying is if they suddenly stop.
- My cluttered Drafts email folder. I annoy myself too ;-).
- Kenyan Matatu/Bus drivers. I think they are the worst drivers in the whole world. There are some streets I purposely keep off because of the never ending mayhem.
- People who don’t register and vote, then complain about the results.
- Someone coughing or sneezing without covering his mouth. Germs!!!
- Long nails on a dude. And then there are some who keep one nail long and the others short. Really, that’s just wrong. If you are a drag queen, fine.
- Dry lips on anyone, even on a child. I always feel like I’d ask if they want to borrow my Vaseline.
- Someone taking my stationery and not returning them back or if they are good enough to do it, placing it haphazardly on my desk.
- Ashy skin. What’s weird is that if it’s a man, I’m less bothered than if it’s a woman.
That does it. What are some of your pet peeves? I’d like to hear them. Comment down below.